Do you love hair? Show it in the Official Hair Fair 2008 Photo Contest on flickr! We’re looking for pictures that show the range and fun of hair across the grid. We’ll be picking 2 first prize winners, three second prize winners, and 5 third place winners to display at the Hair Fair throughout the whole event.
We at Hair Fair want to show the love and appreciation for the talented people that make us beautiful hair (both past and present), and in doing so we have created the Hair Fair Photo Contest. This contest is for you to show, in an homage style, a photo or photos that show your favorite hair styles and the way you love to wear them, what makes them your favorites and what it is about the designer and their work that generates that affection.
The Rules (there had to be rules, right?)
1. Be creative, but remember- we’re looking for pictures that focus on the HAIR.
2. Feel free to enhance your shot in your photo editing program of choice, but don’t add text or borders.
3. Keep your photos at 512 pixels by 512 pixels square.
4. Photos may only be entered once, and only the person entering the photo is eligible to win. The same photo may not be entered by more than one person.
5. Entrants are limited to 10 entries to the pool total.
6. In the description of each photo you enter, please include:
Your Second Life avatar name:
Hair Style Name and Store:
A description of why you love this hair/designer.
7. All photos must be entered by Midnight SLT on August 15th.
8. Winners will be announced at the Hair Fair.
You do not have to show hair that is made only be designers in hair fair this year. It could be past designers that have left Second Life, or designers just starting out, or even hair you or a friend made. Some examples of what we’re looking for-
The title says it all, here. The shot is so far away, we can’t see your pretty hair!
The photo is nice, but there’s text all over it, and a border!
Ok, these are the types of shots we’d like to see. They’re close enough to see the hair, with no text or borders. It’s 512×512. This is what we want, only with your face and hair!
Finally, prizes will be announced at a later date.
These rules are not all inclusive, and as the Hair Fair committee we reserve the right to disqualify what we feel is not in keeping with the homage style of this contest. We reserve the right to edit, to reproduce, and re-use submitted images. By submitting to this poster pool, all entrants are agreeing to the conditions and permissions outlined within the rules.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact Laynie Link, either in-world with an IM or at firstname.lastname@example.org.